Black and white makeup: when opposites attract
Day and night, Yin and Yang, black and white makeup: opposites definitely attract and when it comes to makeup, two of the most classic, versatile and popular colours work together perfectly.
There are numerous ways to create an intense and sophisticated black and white eye makeup look: you can play with defined, graphic lines or recreate a classic, timeless look. Find out how in just a few steps!
How to create a classic and blended black and white full eye makeup look in just 5 steps
Special occasion coming up? A blended black and white makeup look should be flawless.
Here are 5 steps to follow to create the look:
1. Use a natural eye primer to improve the hold of your eyeshadows and make them more long-lasting.
2. Apply a matte-finish white or ivory eyeshadow with a brush to the entire eyelid.
3. Outline the edge of the eyelid with a black pencil then blend it upwards with a blending brush. Make sure you choose eye pencils that are soft and easy to blend.
4. Define the outer corner of the eye by creating a > pointing towards your temple with a black eyeshadow, which should then blend in well with the colour of the pencil.
5. The finishing touches are a thin line of eyeliner and lots of black, high-definition mascara.
PS: Don’t worry if you’re unsure of how to apply eyeliner, we have some great tips just for you.
Geometric black and white makeup: play with lines and contrasts on the eyes
If you’re a fan of super defined looks, you have to try a geometric black and white makeup look, a skilful mix of eyeliner in contrasting shades and varying shapes.
Here’s how to do it:
- With a white eye pencil for the outer eye, draw a line just above the upper lash line. Extend it slightly outwards, drawing a flick. Make sure the white line is thick enough so that it’s still visible once you’ve applied the black eyeliner over the top.
- Then with a fluid eyeliner with a felt tip applicator, draw a thin black line to define the eye contour. You’ll need to be careful and follow the white line you’ve just drawn. The two lines should have the same length and curve.
- On the outer and inner rim of the eyes, draw a black line with an eye pencil, without blending it out.
- Inside the eye, on the lower lash line, apply a black kajal.
- Finish with a coat of black, volume-enhancing mascara.
Want to add a radiant touch to your eyes? A thin line of silver eyeliner will make your eyes even more magnetic!
The perfect lip for a black and white eye makeup look
A nude lip will balance out your makeup and ensure the eyes are still the stars of the show.
A nude lipstick will enhance your smile, without distracting attention from your eye makeup which will still be centre stage.
Get your makeup and your phone ready: take a photo of your look and share it using the hashtag #KIKOtrendsetters: take centre stage in the world of KIKO MILANO.